Crash on Viewing Catalog of Mac Hard Drive Folder

A place to find NeoFinder support questions and answers
James Ballard

Crash on Viewing Catalog of Mac Hard Drive Folder

Post by James Ballard »

NeoFinder 8.1.2

Mac OS 13.0 Ventura

(This is a new issue since installing Ventura. The problem did not exist on OS 12 Monterey.)

I created a folder called "Airplay" on my Mac HD. It contains .MP4 files. I cataloged that folder. If I open NeoFinder, I can look at the contents of that catalog just fine, in Icon view or in List View. But if I search among all catalogs for some file, view the results, and then go back to the Airplay catalog, NeoFinder stops responding and must be forced to quit. If I force quit, reopen and then go to view the Airplay catalog, all is fine until again I perform a search and then again try to view the Airplay catalog, upon which NeoFinder again stops responding.
neo-admin
Site Admin

Re: Crash on Viewing Catalog of Mac Hard Drive Folder

Post by neo-admin »

Hello,

NeoFinder 8.1.2 is not certified to run in macOS 13.

Generally, it is really not a good idea to upgrade your Mac to a new macOS .0 release.
James Ballard

Re: Crash on Viewing Catalog of Mac Hard Drive Folder

Post by James Ballard »

*Generally, it is really not a good idea to upgrade your Mac to a new macOS .0 release.*

I totally agree. But I did it anyway in this case, partly because I hoped some of the bugs in Monterey would be fixed. Didn't happen. And, indeed, several new and more serious ones appeared.

I posted about this issue not to complain but to alert you (in case you haven't already seen it) to one of the (assuredly numerous) issues NeoFinder will encounter when running on Ventura. It's not even very serious because the force-quit/relaunch fix allows me to get my work done, albeit annoyingly.

On a positive note, I rate myself a moderate to heavy NeoFinder user and yet I haven't come across any others.

Still looking. ;)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:48 pm.